This well established and of quality reputation Building Society is looking to hire a new Head of Compliance to manage oversight of all 2nd line of defence activities and manage a small team. This role will also be instrumental in driving change and progress to achieving more streamlined processes and operational efficiencies for the Society.
• DMLRO for the Society
• DPO for the Society
• Ensure the Society has appropriate system and controls in place to prevent the Society to be used for financial crime and money laundering
• Collaborative working with the Risk team, management team, senior management and Board
• Ensuring the Society has an effective and efficient 2nd line of defence and compliance monitoring regime
• Line management of Compliance Monitoring Officers and Financial Crime Officer
• Ensure GDPR requirements are adhered to with the Society, including administrative duties of the DPO
• Act as the Group's Subject Matter Expert for the establishment, maintenance and oversight of an effective regulatory and conduct risk management framework that meets the requirements of all relevant regulatory and legislative requirements and guidance
• Ensure that the business is kept abreast of all developing regulatory and conduct risk management legislation and regulation; conduct gap analyses and impact assessments against all publications and make appropriate recommendations to the business
• Responsible for the effective development, implementation and delivery of the Group's Compliance Monitoring Plan in accordance with all relevant regulatory/ legislative requirements and guidance
• Provide effective and insightful reporting to Management, Executives and relevant committees which assesses the Group's regulatory and conduct risk exposures in light of the Group's regulatory and conduct risk appetite
• Recommend changes I enhancements to the Group's regulatory and conduct risk management framework and subject to the approval of the Board, oversee the effective delivery and embedding of approved recommendations
What are we looking for?
• 5-10 years’ experience in Compliance, Data Protection and Financial Crime Prevention
• Demonstration of Senior Compliance Management into a Bank / BS or Financial Services business
• Retail Financial Services experience
• Collaborative approach to compliance
• Takes initiative with a ‘can-do’ attitude
• People management experience
• Demonstrable ability to get buy in from different functions
• Strong communication and presentation skills
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.