Job Description: Our client is a prestigious Wealth Management organisation who are looking for a Head of Compliance Monitoring to join the team. The role will provide support to the Head of Risk and Compliance in conducting and delivering a risk based assurance program for the firm. Identifying weaknesses in the firm’s controls and processes in relation to their Regulatory obligations. Assisting in the development and embedding of the firm’s Risk Management Framework.
The role will involve:
• Produce and deliver a risk-based Compliance Monitoring Plan for each calendar year.
• Undertake regular deep dive thematic monitoring reviews into Business activities, risks and controls such as, trade lifecycles and Corporate Finance engagements, transactions, conflicts of interests, suitability, payments, product lifecycle and GDPR controls.
• Perform a combination of thematic, post-project implementation and periodic reviews with the support of the Compliance team.
• Take the lead in pushing through the tracking and reporting of any findings and recommendations.
• To assist in maintaining the Risk and Compliance Policies and Procedures on the intranet
• Assist in investigating breaches and complaints and completing the breaches and complaints log including mitigating factors.
• Assist in investigating suspicious behaviour, for example dealing activity reported by staff members, transactions alerted via the trade surveillance system or information requests received from Exchanges or Regulators.
• Assist with the production of regular Compliance management information including the production of various reports providing findings and recommendations to the business
• Assist in the gathering and reporting of required regulatory information to the Regulator
• Minimum of 3 years Compliance Monitoring experience
• Experience within a Wealth Management business