£Competitive six figure salary + bonus + benefits
6 months ago
Our client is an entrepreneurial and fast paced financial services business who are currently recruiting a Head of Compliance role. The role will be responsible for overseeing the implementations of the firms compliance function and ensuring they are in full compliance with applicable regulations. This will be a key hire for the business as they look to take the firm to the next level during a significant period of growth.
- Acting as Compliance Oversight (SMF16) and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (SMF17) for the business.
- Leading the Compliance function to define policy and ensure robust implementation through a comprehensive compliance monitoring programme.
- Provide critical support and technical expertise to robustly manage all compliance risks across the business.
- Take a leading role in the formulation of applicable policies and procedures.
- Act as a source of professional and technical expertise in order to evaluate, review, investigate, challenge & mitigate the potential for customer and regulatory risk.
- Developing and implementing a risk-based compliance monitoring programme, identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting all material compliance risks.
- Undertake an annual compliance risk assessment, propose and gain approval for the annual compliance monitoring plan.
- To manage the development and delivery of mandatory compliance training including financial crime training courses.
- Monitoring regulatory developments and react to those that may impact the firm
- Overseeing the firm’s systems and controls against money laundering and terrorism financing using risk-based approaches. Undertake duties as the MLRO including:
-Leading the implementation of a financial crime programme to monitor compliance across the business
-Ensuring compliance with AML staff training obligations, ensuring that all staff receive relevant training
-Receive and assess all internal Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) with onward reporting to the National Crime Agency when required
- Demonstrable track record operating in a senior Compliance role ideally with experience of Mortgages, Loans and Savings.
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Ability to face off to Regulators
- Ideally held SMF16/17 (not essential)