£60,000 - £80,000
3 months ago
The purpose of this role is to set the vision and strategy for the compliance function across the Group. This
will involve creating processes that support business growth and enable the company to maintain its
authorisation to distribute financial products.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop the Compliance programme to meet the current and future needs of the organisation
- Manage all aspects of the organisation’s interactions with the FCA, ICO, Ofcom or any other regulatory body as and when necessary
- Interpret FCA, ICO and Ofcom guidelines for the business and design and implement appropriate compliance responses
- Ensure the organisation maintains its strong culture of achieving good customer outcomes
- Lead the Risk, Compliance & Conduct Committee and the associated compliance and governance processes to ensure the key risk requirements of the Board are being met
- Ensure the organisation is kept informed of the latest and future regulatory and legislative requirements
- Own the Enterprise Risk Management planning function and engage key stakeholders to obtain inputs and ensure mitigating controls are being implemented.
- Provide the Board and Executive with the required management information to monitor the effectiveness of compliance and risk controls and management processes
- Take full ownership of all compliance and risk related activity within the organisation
- Manage and develop a team of compliance and quality assurance staff to achieve their stated objectives
- Provide ongoing guidance, training and peer support to other relevant staff
- Provide sign off of advertising and marketing material, scripts, training material.
- Assist in the design, rollout and maintenance of the firm’s response to the Senior Managers Certification Regime.
- Degree or equivalent
- 10 years of Compliance experience in financial services industry. Preferred focus on insurance or direct to customer sales in financial services.
- Extensive knowledge of legal, regulatory and compliance requirements for a direct to customer insurance provider, including ICOBs, SMCR, GDPR and Ofcom.
- Proven track record of compliance programme design
- Created, implemented and maintained governance structures that promote cross-functional teamwork in a compliance context
- Ability to inspire and manage change across different functions in an organisation
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Outstanding writing skills
- The ability to persuade senior management