My client, originally founded in 2005, is a consumer lender in the Nordic region. The business is now backed by a leading global investment firm who are planning to increase equity investment by 4x and grow the balance sheet by 5x over the next 3-5 years. The business currently employs 50 people in three locations, compliance is currently led out of London by the investment firms group compliance function supported with a junior local presence.
Given their ambitious plans, they are now looking to recruit a Head of Compliance who will be responsible for executing compliance requirements regionally and locally and sit as part of the second line of defence in the Company. You will make regional, country-specific and local decisions necessary to assure or require compliance by the Company and its employees across the region.
Key responsibilities include:
- To provide effective support to the business in the understanding of and implications from, changes to any regulatory matters, ensuring effective challenge, influencing and advice
- To take responsibility for driving, delivering and implementing legal and regulatory changes in the business, ensuring the effective management of conduct risks through compliance monitoring is achieved
- To take responsibility for review, challenge and sign off of all customer and non-customer facing documentation, regulatory training materials and policies, working with key stakeholders ensuring regulatory requirements are effectively in place
- Early presence on projects ensuring regulatory matters of relevance are considered and any implications are understood
- Develop the Compliance Strategy and plan, ensuring successful delivery
- Prepare gap analyses against regulatory papers, consultations, decision notices, occasional papers as and when these are published
- Develop a robust and up to date compliance manual
General Compliance Functions:
- Execute Local Compliance Policies.
- Manage Compliance matters on a risk based approach.
- Perform Enhanced Due Diligence.
- Regulatory Reporting.
- Law Enforcement Requests management.
- Regulatory Outreach.
- Perform Onsite Compliance Oversight Investigation.
- Ownership of the local Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Program (AML-CT)
- Data Protection compliance monitoring
General Legal Functions:
- Provide legal support in the Nordics on product development to the various consumer finance/consumer credit products.
- Provide legal support on tactical and BAU, including but not limited to: Regulatory, commercial contracts, employment, etc.
- Develop a working relationship and collaborate with key internal stakeholders such as Operations, Finance, Management, Marketing and IT.
- Make recommendations, commensurate with the incumbent’s seniority, for improvement opportunities, where appropriate.
- Legal day-to-day support for Nordic collections.
- Law degree from a Nordic University or equivalent
- An experienced and determined senior manager years working at an equivalent level preferably working with Online businesses in financial services
- Highly developed and effective communicator both verbally and in writing, exhibiting good questioning and listening skills
- Highly developed influencing skills and the ability to challenge at all levels of Executive and Senior Management
- Excellent inter-personal skills to enable effective communications and working relationships both internally and externally. Fosters good working relationships, listens and respects the contribution of others. Trusted by others.
- In depth understanding and ability to interpret FCA and other regulatory requirements
Salary is entirely commensurate with experience and will reflect the significance of the role.
MERJE have been appointed exclusively on this role.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.