Up to £90,000 pa
over 1 year ago
Long established, my client is a leading insurance broker who differentiate themselves by their very close attention to detail and their professional yet friendly approach.
As the business continues to grow and expand, they are looking for an individual to join the team and to champion the role of compliance and facilitate the timely engagement of compliance in the key business issues.
Working with the rest of the business to maintain customer interest at the heart of their decisions, this role exists to ensure the firm executes its business strategy with full understanding of the compliance impact and that the Board can be assured that they are running a compliant organisation
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure all aspects of the company meets Legal, regulatory and compliance requirements under the FCA
- Advising Directors and Senior Management of the risks associated with non-compliance with FS regulatory standards
- Ensuring Compliance Policy statements are approved and subsequently communicated to relevant business areas
- Ensuring that internal policies and procedures are managed, reviewed and approved, and subsequently monitored
- Advise the Board on corporate governance standards and Behaviours
- Engaging effectively with management to implement agreed control improvements on a timely basis, performing such follow up work as Compliance deems necessary to ensure the improvements are both adequate and effective
- Maintain relationships with regulators, ensure horizon scanning to ensure the business understands the evolving environment. Provide training where appropriate.
- Working with Senior executives of the company, its clients, insurers, lawyers and other professional advisers in a proactive manner
- Substantial experience of working within a financial services business in a Compliance role, preferably within the Insurance industry.
- Strong delivery focus, ability to perform on a timely basis and with accuracy, and to work well under pressure within a changing environment
- Enthusiastic, Self-starter, able to work on own initiative, and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with team members and all levels of management within the company, up to and including board / executive committee.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders and a desire to ‘roll sleeves up’ and deliver alongside the small team.
Salary range is broad as my client is keen to consider candidates at varying levels of seniority but it will be entirely commensurate with experience and will reflect the significance of the role.
MERJE has been appointed exclusively on the role and any CVS sent direct to the client will be forwarded directly through to MERJE for consideration
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.