to £70,000 + Bonus + Benefits
about 2 months ago
With operations in UK and Europe, my client is a fast-paced and ambitious business which is long established and a leader in its chosen field.
Reporting directly to the Group CEO, this high profile role is critical to the future success of the business. With Regulatory oversight of their products being passed across to the Financial Conduct Authority, this is a very exciting time for a new Compliance Head to join the group to drive change in the organisation to prepare for the new regulatory environment, enhance the customer experience and also support the growth strategy in the business
The successful candidate will join a senior management team that supports and sponsors a strong compliance culture. You will be responsible for all aspects of sales and business compliance and will work closely with senior management to ensure creation, implementation and monitoring of robust policies and procedures.
- Build relationships with the FCA and act as the interface with Regulators to provide industry and company level expertise.
- Lead the FCA work force team as they prepare the application for authorisation and complete the work required for authorisation
- After regulation maintain relationships providing notifications, routine reports changes to permissions and responses to ad-hoc enquiries
- Interpret regulations and develop appropriate policies, frameworks and controls for all areas of the business.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to directors, senior management and all business areas, covering all elements of the FCA Handbook
- Routinely review compliance operations and procedures to ensure these are efficient, customer focused and fit for purpose
- Monitor, regularly review and if necessary, update sales force compliance framework and controls for direct sales, third party distribution partners and telesales.
- Manage and regularly review business compliance policies, frameworks and controls, including PCI/DSS, data protection, TPS and direct marketing and anti-bribery compliance as well as compliance with the FCA Rules and Code of Conduct
- Manage sign-off for customer communication and collateral
- Own complaints monitoring, reporting and controls
- Manage the QA monitoring and reporting across the business to drive improvements and ensure expected standards are met
- Create and embed a culture of learning and feedback to ensure continuous improvement and support improvements in customer experience and business growth.
- Own and manage Group risk register and manage the risk management framework and controls across the business (UK and Europe)
- Ensure the provision of good quality Management Information and reporting to the Senior Management Team and Board together with recommended solutions for issues identified
- Manage a small but growing team
- Participate as a member of the Senior Management Team.
- Significant and recent experience of working in a senior compliance role in an FCA regulated environment.
- Past success in implementing and/or managing compliance in a direct salesforce and/or third party salesforce
- Self-starter, hands on and highly motivated individual. Ability to see big picture and also delve into the detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Strong teamwork with constructive challenge and contribution
- Proven track record of delivering operational change and improving standards
- Capable of interpreting and delivering operational and strategic advice on regulatory developments processes and standards
Salary is commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role. The role will also benefit from the potential of a bonus arrangement.
The client is proposing a very flexible working arrangement that is likely to involve an equal split of office and home based working to suit the candidate
MERJE have been appointed exclusively on the role and any CVS sent direct to the client will be forwarded through to MERJE for consideration.