to £65,000 + bonus + ben
10 months ago
Head of Compliance (Exclusive appointment)
With operations in UK and Europe, my client is a fast-paced and ambitious business which is long established and a leader in its chosen field.
Reporting directly to the Group CEO, this high profile role is critical to the future success of the business. With Regulatory oversight of their products being passed across to the Financial Conduct Authority, this is a very exciting time for a new Compliance Head to join the group to drive change in the organisation to prepare for the new regulatory environment, enhance the customer experience and also support expansion into new products and channels.
The successful candidate will join a senior management team that supports and sponsors a strong compliance culture. You will be responsible for all aspects of sales and business compliance and will work closely with senior management to ensure creation, implementation and monitoring of robust policies and procedures.
- During the consultation period with the FCA, build relationships and act as the interface to provide industry and company level expertise. After regulation maintain relationships and providing notifications, routine reports changes to permissions and responses to ad-hoc enquiries
- As they move to FCA regulation, interpret regulations and develop appropriate policies, frameworks and controls for all areas of the business.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to directors, senior management and all business areas, covering all elements of the FCA Handbook
- Routinely review compliance operations and procedures to ensure these are efficient, customer focused and fit for purpose
- Monitor, regularly review and if necessary, update sales force compliance framework and controls for direct sales, third party distribution partners and telesales.
- Manage and regularly review business compliance policies, frameworks and controls, including PCI/DSS, data protection, TPS and direct marketing and anti-bribery compliance
- Manage sign-off for customer communication and collateral
- Own complaints monitoring, reporting and controls
- Manage the QA monitoring and reporting across the business to drive improvements and ensure expected standards are met
- Create and embed a culture of learning and feedback to ensure continuous improvement and support improvements in customer experience and business growth.
- Own and manage Group risk register and manage the risk management framework and controls across the business (UK and Europe)
- Keep up to date with all aspects of compliance and risk relating to the industry they operate in and relevant business compliance
- Ensure the provision of good quality Management Information and reporting to the Senior Management Team and Board together with recommended solutions for issues identified
- Manage a team of 3
- Participate as a member of the Senior Management Team
- Significant and recent experience of working in a senior compliance role in an FCA regulated environment (ideally insurance related).
- Past success in implementing and/or managing compliance in a direct salesforce and/or third party salesforce
- Self-starter, hands on and highly motivated individual. Ability to see big picture and also delve into the detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Strong teamwork with constructive challenge and contribution
- Proven track record of delivering operational change and improving standards
- Capable of interpreting and delivering operational and strategic advice on regulatory developments processes and standards
- Will suit an individual who enjoys ‘making a difference’ and is tenacious in knocking down barriers to achieving success
Salary is commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role. The role will also benefit from the potential of a bonus arrangement.
MERJE have been appointed exclusively on the role and any CVS sent direct to the client will be forwarded through to MERJE for consideration.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.