Cheshire West and Chester
to £145,000 + Bonus + Benefits
25 days ago
My client is a specialist and entrepreneurially led lending organisation who year on year have grown to become one of the market leaders in the field in which they operate.
They are currently seeking a Head of Compliance, reporting to the CRO who will be responsible for all aspects of compliance with regulatory obligations. This will include managing a risk-based Compliance Monitoring and Testing Programme, as well as managing the Compliance function in its other day to day activities, including the groups relationship with the regulators.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing compliance leadership and guidance to the compliance department and colleagues across the group.
- Act as independent second line regulatory and conduct advice, oversight and assurance for the Group and its subsidiary firms
- Ensuring regulatory updates are issued in a timely manner and where required based on changes in regulations
- Identify situations that may pose significant compliance risk and ensure the Compliance Department guides management in the development/reviewing of applicable policies, procedures and business practices
- Supervise the Compliance Department’s day to day tasks: reporting, liaising external authorities to ensure high quality standards and compliance with group and regulatory standards
- Be the first point of contact for the Regulator, maintaining an open and positive working relationship with them and ensure high quality in any correspondence.
- Guiding the Compliance team in a productive, professional way and training and mentoring them through positive role modelling and setting the right standards
- Proven experience of managing teams of professionals at various levels of seniority
- Proven experience as a provider of assurance
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and reviewing systems of process and control to identify weaknesses outside of defined risk appetites
- Knowledge of the non-bank lending and specialist lending markets, infrastructure and applicable standards and regulations
- Extensive experience as a subject matter expert for regulatory compliance at a senior level within a retail banking / financial services environment.
- In depth technical knowledge and practical experience FCA requirements and standards
- Commercial, business focused with strong judgement and integrity
- Ability to present confidently
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers and management at all levels, developing effective relationships internally and externally
- Calm and diplomatic, with strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to effectively manage stakeholders
- Familiar with sophisticated and integrated risk management processes and tools
- Understand how to control risk and use appropriate monitoring systems
Salary is entirely commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role.
MERJE is the only external recruiter who has been formally instructed on this role.