Job Description: This role will ensure that a strong and effective 2nd line compliance oversight framework is in place across the business in order that it can meet high compliance standards. Maintaining positive relationships with the regulator and ensuring that the company’s regulatory obligations can be met.
The role will involve:
• Develop and manage oversight of the Compliance framework to ensure the business is aware of, and reactive to, the output from the FCA.
• Responsible for the second line Group Policy and Technical Compliance team – providing guidance to the group as and when necessary, on all regulatory matters associated with projects, strategy, and business activities.
• Ensure all regulatory returns for the group, including but not limited to RMAR reporting, is conducted on time and correctly in line with regulatory requirements.
• Ensure that a robust plan is in place across the business for Conduct Rules training and notifications
• Responsible for ensuring that company’s policies and procedures appropriately counter the risk that the business might be used to further financial crime
• To build and maintain strong relationships with the Regulator, ensuring the group complies with obligations to keep the regulator informed of all relevant matters, and be the central point of contact for the regulator, as necessary.
• Develop a robust Compliance oversight strategy for the group, primarily relating to the company’s network and monitor the application of its operation within first line.
• Reporting on all relevant compliance matters to the Boards and Risk Committees.
• To satisfy the FCA criteria as a fit and proper person under the Senior Managers Regime in respect of the role’s responsibilities.
• Production and oversight of delivery of the second line Compliance monitoring and assurance programme based on key regulatory risks to the business.
• Diploma in financial planning or equivalent
• Minimum three years’ experience at Head of Compliance function level