4 months ago
Reporting to the Legal and Regulatory Director, the role holder will be responsible for the management of the Regulatory function working with the business to define compliance and risk management policies and procedures to ensure the business operate within a compliance environment and appropriate risk management systems and controls, whilst also determining the company’s approach to risk-based compliance monitoring.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide management oversight and leadership of the Risk and Compliance team to develop and maintain regulatory standards and policies for the business to provide a compliant framework for the business to operate within and a risk management approach and structure to achieve compliance with the risk management approach determine by the parent company
- Provision of technical advice and guidance to directors, senior management and all business areas within the business, covering all elements of the FCA Handbook.
- Routinely review compliance operations and procedures to ensure these are efficient, customer focused and fit for purpose.
- Act as the interface with Regulators by providing notifications, routine reports changes to permissions and responses to ad-hoc enquiries.
- To oversee the company’s approach to anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing and act as the Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
- Identify emerging compliance risks by closely monitoring regulatory developments and internal and external business initiatives
- Oversee the annual compliance monitoring plan strategy, activities, procedures and resources, ensuring that risk based monitoring activity is carried out within the business in accordance with the annual monitoring plan.
- To provide an independent complaints handling function which complies both with regulatory rules and guidance and which takes account of current FOS decisions and precedents.
- A minimum of 3 years in a senior compliance role preferably within a multi distribution FCA environment, including regular contact with the FCA.
- Previous experience within the Wealth Management sector
- Expert knowledge of the FCA handbook, principles for business, and the Financial Services & Markets Act 2000
Must have previous experience of managing a team