12 months ago
As the Head of Commercial Underwriting you will be responsible for the design, implementation and continuous improvement of the Underwriting model as part of the Credit Risk strategy.
An established Financial Services business that has been working with businesses and consumers for 30 years. One of the major businesses within their market in the UK.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Commercial Underwriting:
- Ensure that underwriting complies with Credit Policy, relevant external legislation and with internal and external Service Level Agreements
- Effectively manage risk and the strategic risk/reward balance of the business
- Provide commercial based underwriting decisions through the detailed analysis of customer accounts and other related information
- Lead the team responsible for underwriting new business, renewal and mid-term adjustments received
- Work in partnership with the team to evolve and deliver the Operations and Credit Risk strategies
The ideal candidate for this Head of Commercial Underwriting opportunity will have the following knowledge, experience and understanding:
- Educated to degree level
- Strong analytical, problem solving, influencing, management and communication skills
- Strong influencing and management skills
- Accountancy or other related financial background would be desirable
- Essential – able to demonstrate a clear understanding of reading audited and unaudited balance sheets, cashflows and other company financial reports
- Experience of implementing change in a financial services environment
- Experience at a senior level in the financial services or insurance industry sectors
- Understanding of the lending industry and its regulatory environment
- Understanding of economic cycles and impact on credit risk