about 1 year ago
The role will form part of the Operations Senior Leadership Team and as such will be responsible for contributing to the ongoing leadership and development of the operations team, and will have shared accountability for the overall operations strategy.
This role provides senior management oversight of all operations Collections & Recoveries activities within the Customer Support structure. The job holder will be accountable for the design & implementation of short, medium and long term plans to ensure that Collections and Recoveries activities meet customer needs & regulatory requirements, as well as achievement of the agreed business objectives with a strong awareness and focus on Risk and Regulation including Conduct Risk Framework.
• The role will also be accountable for maximising the effectiveness and efficiency of the people, systems, outsourced partners, balances and processes that are under their control.
• The continued ‘transformation’ from a collections & recoveries function to an end-to-end Customer Support Centre
• Monitoring the regulatory landscape, and working with key internal & external stakeholders to ensure regulatory compliance at all times, integration of industry best practice, and driving the vision “To lead our industry as a force for positive change”
• Management of strategies, balances & accounts that fall within collections and recoveries framework, including delivery of associated ‘Bad Debt Targets’ within the Business Plan
• Delivery of Customer Support Centre Operational Service Level Agreements and Targets as reviewed on a regular basis
• Ownership of the agreed annual operating budget, with an ongoing focus on operational effectiveness and efficiencies to optimise operating costs in an environment of continuous improvement
• Ensuring an effective and value adding end to end operating model and associated processes and policies – driving optimal bad debt performance, balanced with a customer centric experience – including the introduction & integration of self-serve, automated & digital solutions which enhance the customer journey & experience as well as driving business efficiency
• Direct leadership and management of colleagues and activities
• The role will be accountable for the strategic direction, leadership, and operational oversight of the Customer Support Centre, and the job holder will be expected to deliver on target performance for these areas, working closely with key stakeholders, and operating within agreed budgetary guidelines and business objectives.
• As the job holder will have responsibility for all collections and recoveries activities, it is an expectation of this role that travel and attendance at locations within the UK and Europe will be accommodated as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• Results focused and able to lead teams to achieve a common goal.
• Ability to construct robust business cases
• Able to prioritise and organise
• Excellent Communicator
• Strong team motivator
• Able to think logically
• Able to make informed decisions based on information available
• Conduct Risk Awareness
• Regulatory Requirements
• Performance KPI and SLA industry standards
• Strong commercial awareness
• Experience of leading teams in a customer focused environment
• Experience of managing projects
• Experience of managing complex multiple events with minimum supervision