The key purpose of this role is to lead, manage and develop the onshore and offshore Collections and Recoveries Teams, to ensure that all arrears portfolios are being managed effectively with customer outcomes optimised; that any risks are managed within risk appetite and that the portfolios perform in line with expectations. The role is critical to ensuring that the collections and recovery teams provide best in class customer experiences and meets it strategic and operational objectives.
- Manage collections processes across the Group to ensure they reflect the terms of the policies agreed by the Bank’s governance committees for the treatment of customers who fall into arrears; ensuring that fair treatment of customers is considered in all appropriate policies and procedures and compliment the Customer Outcome strategy.
- Work with the Group Director of Collections & Servicing to formulate the strategy to plan, manage and evaluate the offshore provision of collections.
- Support the implementation of effective project management procedures to ensure timely and cost-effective development and delivery of key operational projects including but not limited to the migration of loan portfolios.
- Work closely with Group Underwriting Director and Group Credit Risk Strategy and Assurance Director providing feedback on arrears cases and trends which will assist in developing credit and underwriting changes and potential amendments to modelling frameworks.
- Develop effective mechanisms to ensure that losses are identified at the earliest opportunity and communicated efficiently to the client / relevant business area to aid their loss provisioning processes and work closely with the Group’s Credit team to identify any portfolio trends highlighted by an emerging arrears book.
- Maintain a market awareness of key developments in Specialist Arrears management and keep up to date with legislative and regulatory changes ensuring Group policy and procedures are amended as required and continue to be fit for purpose.
- Ensure adequate system controls are in place for monitoring operational performance against plans, budgets and quality standards and coordinate the control of operational costs ensuring delivery against Key Performance Indicators within operating budget, monitoring and reporting on issues and taking corrective actions as required.
- Develop, implement and maintain sound strategic and operational plans and processes, initiating improvements as necessary in line with business objectives to facilitate a culture of organisation excellence
- Focus on the fair treatment of customers when designing and improving appropriate policies and procedures and to implement processes and procedures to compliment the Customer Outcome strategy.
- 5 years previous experience of leading a large multi-site Collections function is essential
- 5 years’ previous experience managing end to end collections is essential
- 5 years’ previous Line and Operational Management experience is essential preferably within the financial services industry
- 3 years previous experience of managing 3rd party suppliers is essential
- 2 years’ experience in management of offshore operations is essential.
- 3 years’ experience of working in a Financial Services organisation with a preference for experience of the Intermediary market is essential.
- 2 years comprehensive experience in risk evaluation, loan documentation and developing effective strategies to manage multi risk collection activities including the impact on P & L performance is essential.
- 2 years’ experience managing Lending products is desirable.