£70,000 - £80,000
13 days ago
My client is looking for a Head of Collections & Legal to be responsible for driving operational efficiencies and improvements that effectively manages the loss rates while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Manage and develop a high performing team, supported by your Team Leads
- Ensure you are managing and building a high performing team, and appropriately anticipating future resource requirements
- Monitor and track workload, activity levels, and the impact of those efforts on our losses
- Identify and roll-out improvements to processes and how workloads are prioritised in order to optimise collections and recoveries
- Work closely with the Operations Strategy team and Tech & Analytics team, to identify and roll-out changes to systems and processes that can help to make collections handling more efficient and effective.
- Ensure all strategies meet the latest regulatory and compliance requirements
- Ensure that third parties are being adequately managed, appropriate commercials and contracts are in place with all third party providers whom we work with, and they meet our standards for quality and compliance
- Use your experience and to help determine the appropriate action on cases that are escalated to you by your team
- Supported by your Team Leads, ensure you are managing and building a high performing team, and appropriately anticipating future resource requirements
Experience & Skills:
- Proven experience in collections/ debt recovery and solid knowledge of unsecured lending
- Deep knowledge of collections and recovery processes, as well as expertise in legal escalations and enforcement
- Obsessed about customer service, and understanding the needs and behaviours of customers
- Laser focused on driving efficiencies and quality of service
- Obsessed about the drivers of commercial performance, and how to optimise performance
- Experience of successfully leading and delivering on multiple complex projects and initiatives.
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet company expectations.
- Strong leadership skills - can motivate and inspire your team, and lead by example with your own levels of integrity
- Significant experience of working in collections, ideally SME experience but consumer experience is also very valuable
- Curiosity and drive to identify and implement improvements