3 months ago
Location: Birmingham (flex WFH options)
The core purpose of this role will be to create a business partnering model between Risk & Compliance and the rest of the business. This role will supervise and lead the Business Partners to ensure there is a deep understanding of the business unit’s models, products and regulatory environments – to identify, assess and mitigate Risk.
This role will be a key member of the senior leadership team within Group Risk & Compliance, working closely with the Chief Risk Officer on the development and implementation of the overall strategic direction of the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing technical expertise and input as the key point of contact for the Business Units – interpreting compliance regulations and their impact on the business
- Offering strategic advice to the Business in respect of appropriate control environments
- Working closely with the Assurance team and the Policy & Technical Team on any changes in the regulatory horizon which will affect the Business
- Support the business with the implementation of SMCR requirements
- Deliver the implementation of the business facing related elements of the Group Risk & Compliance plan
- Lead, oversee and support the Business Partners in their delivery of effective compliance guidance to their units
- Drive ongoing assessment and enhancement of the activities of the internal processes with the team -to remove duplication and gaps and ensure stronger alignment, best practice and rigour
- Support the CRO in shaping the strategic direction of the team and enhance the Group Risk & Compliance framework
- Financial services, preferably Insurance regulatory knowledge
- A background in a wider business role or from other industries would be advantageous to understand the scope of this business model
- Demonstrated experience of working in a Business Partner model – ideally also being able to show any experience of moving a business to this structure and culture
- Proven experience of working across multiple functions
- Leadership, change management & commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills – across all levels
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi task and prioritise effectively
- Proven experience in managing projects
- Customer focused with a passion for achieving world class business and customer experience
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.