This role is responsible for leading the Business Development Team, which sits within the wider Client Experience directorate. Reporting to the Director of Client Experience and working alongside the Head of Strategic Relationships, Head of Marketing and Brand, and Head of Client Journey, contributing to the overall leadership of the directorate.
The purpose of the role is to develop and lead a business development strategy that focuses on diversified growth, increased funding from across key sectors, delivers against the contractual commitments of existing funding contracts, and capitalises on available funding sources related to client needs.
They will also maximise revenue generation from the launch of new products and services to support the requirements of clients, such as crisis interventions, employee wellbeing, charitable giving, digital service developments, secured lending, income maximisation, accessibility, gambling, housing and educational services.
• Degree/graduate qualification, or equivalent professional experience
• Experience of creating Business Development Strategies and associated Action Plans
• Extensive experience of partnership building and stakeholder management which drives growth
• Experience of securing funding, ideally in the not for profit sector
• Experience of managing a team of Business Development Managers
• Proven ability to think strategically and creatively, and to implement effective short, medium and long term plans
• Experience of identifying and developing a pipeline of business development opportunities, roadmaps and targets
• Experience of managing and responding to bids and tenders.
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills at all levels
• Be able to work with targets, delivery focused and resilient.
• Be innovative
• Non-conventional thinking
• Able to sell ideas and services
• High level of commercial acumen
• The ability to influence and steer potential partner decision making
• Ability to positively influence internal stakeholders
• Strong organisational and planning skills
• Excellent communication skills (written, face to face, formal and informal)
• Strong leadership, people and people management capabilities
• Engaging and personable manner with strong emotional resilience
• Ability to prioritise conflicting workloads
• Effective networker with an ability to forge long lasting relationships
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.