c.£70,000 + Benefits
14 days ago
Our client is a long established and highly respected business who are widely regarded as a market leading consultancy in their field of specialism. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the firm in the role of Head of Business Continuity & Operational Resilience. Reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance you will embed a business continuity plan across the business and work to ensure sound operational resilience across the organisation in the UK and overseas.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of an Operational Resilience Framework, ensuring a consistent approach and execution across all functions and locations.
- Collaborate with business functions in completing annual Business Impact Assessments (BIA) and development of Business Continuity Plans (BCP). Provide independent challenge to the assumptions of each 1st line business function.
- Conduct threat risk assessments to help estimate the likelihood and impact of a range of industry, location and specific risks. Focusing planning and testing on the more likely / higher impact incidents that the Group may be exposed to.
- Write reports to summarise testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Support the development and implementation of an on-going training and awareness programme to ensure that knowledge is developed and proportionate, based upon the needs of the Group.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and monitoring of internal indicators and metrics which enable the firm to understand and improve its performance and assess its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate across the business, to continually identify the operations, processes and technologies required in building and maintain optimal recovery plans/arrangements
Skills and experience:
- Applicable business continuity and resilience standards and industry good practice and standards
- Demonstrable knowledge of the BCM lifecycle with experience in the implementation and management of business continuity
- Excellent stakeholder management experience with the ability to educate and gain buy in across the business.
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to balance priorities to meet multiple deadlines