My client, a leading Financial Services organisation are actively recruiting a talented Head of Audit to create an Audit Function to provide Independent Assurance to the Group Board. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, qualified auditor to take the step into a Head of Audit role whilst also maintaining a hands on approach.
Key responsibilities include:
- Produce and keep up to date an Internal Audit Charter for the Group.
- Carry out a risk-rated review of the Group’s internal controls, then prepare an annual audit plan.
- Conduct audit reviews of the Group’s activities in accordance with the above plan.
- Conduct ad hoc reviews of the Group’s activities in response to changes in the internal risk environment and/or at the request of the Group Audit Committee (committee to be set up).
- Recommend corrective actions to remedy control breaches and weaknesses.
- Report to the Audit Committee.
- Liaise with external auditors.
Previous experience and qualifications:
- Understanding of key financial services regulations
- Strong analytical skills with ability to process information quickly and assess risks and controls
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management
- Comprehensive knowledge of general risks and controls
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.