£65k - £75k
5 months ago
My client, a large Pan European FTSE listed organisation, is looking for a Group Tax Manager, reporting to the Group Financial Controller to handle the direct management of the Group’s Tax affairs, ensure compliance with Tax legislation and develop / implement planning opportunities to maximise the group’s Tax position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the management of the SIG Group Tax functions and establish a clear Tax policy aligned to the Group’s overall vision and monitor and review the tax policies and ensure procedures/ controls are kept up to date.
- Overseeing the Group’s tax reporting process, consolidating and reviewing subsidiary submissions and organising deliverables to the Group audit committee and external auditors – for full year and interims.
- Managing the tax profile of the Group and manage relationships with tax authorities and external tax advisors, and working with Regional FD's to ensure compliance with local tax regimes.
- Managing the preparation and submission of UK Tax returns for all companies (direct and indirect taxes), reviewing year-end tax provisions and tax disclosures for the statutory accounts for all UK companies, and co-ordinating implementation for any tax planning or restructuring activities.
- Providing tax advice to Board and all functions across the group to support business decisions and ensure that tax plays an appropriate role in the decision-making process and that the corporate structure meets the commercial needs of the business.
- Co-ordinating the implementation for any tax planning or restructuring
- Developing internal controls in respect of direct and indirect tax compliance and take ownership of the Senior Accounting Officer review process.
· You will be a qualified professional who can demonstrate a track record of success in their careers to date with a recognised accounting/tax qualification (ACA / CTA).
· You will have worked in a direct corporate tax environment with exposure to other taxes (personal & indirect), and will be expected to provide commercial insight into the various business issues across the Group and create opportunities to
· You will possess a positive outlook with a 'can do' attitude, with the ability to set your own agenda and work priorities.
· You will be confident and able to offer opinions and be prepared to be challenged on them.