£50,000 - 60,000 pa
over 2 years ago
My client is long established and well regarded and provides a wide range of discretionary healthcare services. This is an exciting time to join as the company continues to embark on its ambitious growth plans.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Risk Manager to be responsible for the oversight and development of the risk management framework and strategy while supporting the firm in achieving its strategy in a way that is aligned to the firm’s values.
- Lead and report on activities that continuously assess the strategy and growth plans versus the Groups risk framework and risk appetite statements.
- Establish and engage with an active first line of defence network of risk partners, providing advice, guidance and challenging
- Ensure compliance to the Board approved risk tolerances are effective, escalate material exceptions
- Assess and report on the strategy and growth versus the internal risk profile and external environment
- Review and challenge the causes of risk events and appropriateness of the mitigation actions. Report and escalate significant operational risk events.
- Participate in stress testing for key risks to identify potential vulnerabilities.
- Provide advice and guidance based on sound understanding of the regulatory requirements and industry best practice
- Provide risk training and support to key stakeholders, including Approved Persons and Key Function Holder.
- Support the business by building strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record of implementing and embedding enterprise risk management principles and best practice, specifically leading on;
- Defining and integrating risk appetite statements
- Defining and integrating risk reporting functionality and controls, including risk assurance monitoring plans and oversight
- Extensive experience working in the risk management environment of a FCA regulated financial services business (preferably insurance).
- Be a strong communicator with an ability to effectively challenge stakeholders at all levels on the application of the risk framework and risk appetite statements, whilst being open minded to all factors including personal feedback.
- A proactive, professional and productive approach.