£30k - £40k + benefits
6 months ago
My client is long established and well regarded and provides a wide range of discretionary healthcare services. This is an exciting time to join as the company continues to embark on its ambitious growth plans.
An exciting opportunity has become available to work in the second line of defence as a risk management and compliance subject matter expert for the business.
- Reports on activities that continuously assess the strategy and growth plans versus the Groups risk framework and risk appetite statements.
- Engage with an active first line of defence network of risk partners, providing advice, guidance and challenge on risk and compliance matters
- Ensure compliance to all aspects of risk management framework and escalate material exceptions.
- Review and challenge the causes of risk events and appropriateness of the mitigation actions. Report and escalate significant operational risk events.
- Support the Compliance team by providing advice and guidance to the business based on sound understanding of the regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
- Work on the Risk & Compliance monitoring plan, assist with transaction monitoring and ensure monitoring actions are tracked, reported and escalated as necessary
- Support the business in embedding the risk management framework including helping them to identify and control risks
- Monitor incident reporting and track resolutions and provide analysis on trends and root cause analysis.
- Support the business by building strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide risk training and support to key stakeholders including assisting with the development of control test plans and corrective action follow up.
- Assist with risk and compliance reporting including those to Committees and the Board.
- Represent Risk & Compliance on projects as appropriate.
- Support the Group Senior Risk Manager in delivering the overall Risk objectives
- Experience of working in a risk management / risk-based environment and providing compliance advice in a FCA regulated financial services business.
- Confident skills innovating new risk management practices and frameworks with experience and knowledge of enterprise risk management principles, best practice and regulatory compliance, specifically including:
- Defining and integrating risk reporting functionality.
- Implementing risk management systems and controls, including risk assurance monitoring plans and oversight.
- Proactive and confident communicator able to influence stakeholders and leverage/negotiate resources across the organisation to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Have the ability to effectively challenge stakeholders at all levels on application of the risk framework and Compliance matters whilst being open-minded to all factors including personal feedback.
- Knowledge and understanding of the FCA Handbook and principles