to £36,500 + benefits
7 months ago
My client is long established and well regarded and provides a wide range of discretionary healthcare services. This is an exciting time to join as the company continues to embark on its ambitious growth plans.
An exciting opportunity has become available to work in the second line of defence as a compliance and risk management subject matter expert for the business. You will also provide oversight by carrying out compliance monitoring reviews to ensure the firm is meeting its regulatory obligations and is achieving its strategy in a way that is aligned to their mutual values.
Key responsibilities include:
- Effective challenge of stakeholders at all levels on application of compliance and risk matters.
- Perform compliance monitoring reviews to provide assurance to relevant boards and sub – committees on the adequacy of systems and controls in the business including adherence to regulatory standards.
- Continuously develop and improve the monitoring methodology and approach.
- Have the ability to motivate and inspire colleagues to be pro-active on compliance and risk management matters as well as supporting the business by building strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with compliance and risk reporting including those to Committees and the Board.
- Represent Risk & Compliance on projects as appropriate.
- Work with the wider Governance Risk & Compliance team to understand the wider Risk & Compliance environment and the impact this has on the team’s priorities
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a risk and compliance role including providing compliance advice in a FCA regulated financial services business, carrying out Compliance Monitoring Reviews and embedding risk management practices.
They will also be a proactive and confident communicator able to influence stakeholders and leverage/negotiate resources across the organisation to achieve goals and deliverables.
Salary is entirely commensurate with experience.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.