over 1 year ago
Our client is a highly reputable and long standing Financial Services business. The opportunity has arisen for a senior compliance professional to join and assume responsibility for the firms Compliance Monitoring team, reporting to the Director of Compliance and Oversight Risk.
In this role you will lead the independent Compliance Monitoring activities across the entire team to monitor and, on a regular basis, to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures and procedures put in place to ensure regulatory compliance, and the actions taken to address any deficiencies in the firm's compliance with its obligations.
Key responsibilities include:
Role Specific Accountabilities:
- Accountable for providing independent, risk-based monitoring of regulatory compliance.
- Ensure second line monitoring reviews are delivered on time and to an appropriate standard of quality, including Distribution, Customer Treatment, Financial Crime, Data Protection and any other relevant compliance matters
- Develop and deliver the Annual Compliance Monitoring plan, ensuring all activities, strategy and other relevant internal factors are taken into consideration, including industry good practice and regulatory expectations in order to ensure monitoring activity is executed effectively
- Responsible for ensuring first line of defence are robustly held to account on risk profile and control environment and ensuring action tracking is undertaken for all reviews through to completion and closure validation
- Responsible for ensuring Compliance strategy, processes and policies are maintained and quality compliance reporting and MI are undertaken
- Lead Whistleblowing triage and where appropriate lead investigations on behalf of the Compliance Director ensuring compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Provide reporting and MI to the Whistleblowing Champion and Audit Committee
- Translate Divisional priorities into plans and deliverables to deliver overall Group strategic priorities
- Build the capability & capacity of functional resources to drive sustained commercial success
- Interpret & communicate the priorities for the Function, motivating and developing a high performing team
- Own functional priorities, applying specialist expertise to put the customer at the heart of everything and drive a profitable business
- Initiate and develop critical external and internal relationships which create value, collaborating to deliver commercial and customer priorities
- Identify, define & oversee management of risks associated with delivery across the Group
- Uphold corporate legal & regulatory responsibilities
- Implement and manage transformation activity & harness innovation to create a high performing & sustainable business
- Leadership skills
- Ability to lead and motivate small to medium teams to deliver sustained high performance
- Ability to identify, nurture and realise the potential in others
- Strong communication, engagement and influencing skills
- Ability to effectively represent the organisation through building collaborative relationships
- Ability to convert high level strategy and goals into operational plans
- Ability to work with autonomy and make operational decisions
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.