about 1 month ago
Financial Services business, located in the West Midlands, are looking to appoint a Risk Analyst to join a small but established Risk & Compliance function. The role holder will report directly to, and support the Chief Risk Officer in overseeing and developing the firms approach to managing Risk.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate, or degree educated candidates that have gained some initial work experience within financial services and are looking to begin or continue developing a career within Risk Management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the firms risk management system is kept up to date and liaising with risk owners to ensure actions are completed within agreed deadlines.
- Analyse risk datasets in order to identify trends or emerging issues.
- Compiling monthly reporting to demonstrate the effectiveness of the firm’s risk management processes.
- Reviewing publications from regulators and industry bodies and highlighting relevant insight to business areas.
- Providing support to business areas in understanding and assessing their risks and in developing risk assessments and action plans to address any identified weaknesses.
- Working with other members of the Risk & Compliance team to support the delivery of department’s objectives.
- Educated to degree level in a numerate subject
- Strong Excel skills.
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.