£350.00 per day
7 months ago
This role is to provide interim support during the period of a secondment for a permanent staff member and is to provide risk/governance/compliance expertise, guidance and educational support to process owners, risk owners, operators and other key stakeholders.
The role will involve:
- To provide and mentor a developing team in providing independent assurance over business activities across all company entities, in line with legal, regulatory and operational processes/policies, together with a core GRC maintenance and improvement strategy.
- To review, edit or create core functional business policies and procedures and coach the GRC team as needed and to lead monitoring activity pragmatically, to support the business in mitigating or eliminating risks using a risk-based approach in consultation with and using key stakeholders within the businesses.
- Managing and building effective day-to-day internal client relationships and acting as a key point of contact and advocate for risk and assurance matters.
- To monitor and support the review and revision of procedures and associated documentation within the management systems, directly or through the GRC team. Ensure all procedures are issued using robust document control systems.
- Directly and through the GRC team to provide assurance over key controls by assisting managers and teams in their production of local policies, procedures and guidance required to effectively manage risks, support the delivery of better business coordination and control and to ensure consistency of approach.
- Support the GRC team and the broader business in the effective generation of and deployment of key processes and procedures including customer complaints, internal and supplier audits, document control, corrective/preventive actions, management review and business level quality review processes and any other duties in relation to the role deemed necessary.
- Working with the Head of Legal and Compliance and the broader GRC team to develop key performance indicators and processes to report and act on operational compliance issues and performance trends. Analyse and benchmark performance to identify areas for improvement in line with business priorities.
- Working with the Head of Legal and Compliance and the broader GRC team to plan and co-ordinate any Company audit programme including customer, supplier and internal process reviews, summarising findings and progress for Board and management reports.
- In support of the Company Secretary and Data Protection Officer, support identification and delivery of appropriate actions for ongoing compliance with the new GDPR principles effective May 2018.
- 5+ years of practical experience and understanding of governance, risk and compliance activities, ideally with a relevant professional qualification
- Comfortable operating as second/third line defence assurance provider as needed
- Strong persuasion and influencing skills
- Providing coaching and guidance to the GRC team and the broader business on risk and assurance matters
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.