about 1 month ago
My client is a financial services business operating within the Wealth and Investment sector. The business are currently looking for an IT Governance Manager for an initial period of 6 months on either a fixed term contract or a day rate contract. The role holder will be accountable and responsible for the development, maintenance and execution of the overarching formal IT governance frameworks activity.
- Lead, motivate and manage the IT Governance team, ensuring a culture of high performance
- Responsible for the definition, implementation and management of the IT Governance Framework, which includes standards, principles, processes, guidelines, RACIs and interaction with management bodies required to support the IT and Change functions.
- Responsible for the collation, tracking, escalation and reporting of departmental formal controls, such as Operational Risks, Exceptions Register, Supplier Management framework, Operational Risk Assessment process, etc.
- Produce management information on the extent of compliance of systems with standards, regulations and/or legislation
- Oversee and formal control activities relating to audits within IT. Progress remediation actions / recommendations resulting from audit activity. Engage with providers of other IT assurance such as compliance audits, quality assurance functions and other technical specialists
- Liaise with the Business Management and Change Management functions to ensure there are no gaps in controls across the department.
- Work with the Information Security function in maintaining a view of compliance and standards that impact IT, including quality and security standards. Monitor assurance activities and provide recommendations / action plans where applicable
- Membership of the Data Security Committee, providing input on formal IT governance matters.
- Ensure consistent process for capturing, quantifying, progressing and documenting the probability and impact of operational risks or gaps in controls, and the production of associated mitigation plans
- Liaise with Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit departments, ensuring that annual governance planning activity is effective and that suitable resources are scheduled to support any associated activities.
- Computing degree or equivalent industry qualification.
- CGEIT, CRISC, CISA or equivalent IT governance and risk management certifications.
- IT Governance / Risk professional, with experience as a leader of a technical governance management team
- Good technical knowledge of enterprise level technologies and associated administration processes, such as networks, servers, storage, infrastructure services, middleware, application services, etc
- Able to define, implement and manage IT governance, IT risk management, IT control process management and associated reporting
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.