Financial Services business, located in Lancashire, are looking to expand their Compliance & Risk function with the addition of a Governance & Compliance Manager to be based out of their Lancashire office in Preston. The position will provide compliance, Governance and Company Secretarial advice across the business, ensuring that risk management frameworks are appropriate and maintained, internal controls are robust and regulatory risks are in line with statutory requirements and guidance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure 1st Line of Defence Controls are adequately monitored.
- Promote and demonstrate the presence of effective Governance and Compliance policies and procedures.
- Maintaining the highest standards of corporate governance by delivering full professional company secretarial services to all stakeholders
- Ensure Company Secretary records, policies and procedures are maintained, remain effective and proportionate.
- Taking a strategic approach to governance issues to ensure compliance with all applicable legislation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Board and Senior Leadership Team.
- Identify and develop areas for improvement for the risk and compliance framework, ensuring that the firm is fully compliant with all regulations that apply.
- Ensure the Compliance Manual and compliance related policies are maintained and are effective and proportionate.
- Extensive experience within the Financial Services sector, with knowledge of Pensions essential.
- Significant time spent in a Compliance / Risk / Governance role
- Effective written and verbal communication and expertise at providing Board reports and governance polices/manual.
- Sound knowledge of regulatory requirements, particularly TPR COP14 relating to Public Sector Pension Schemes.
- Ideally possess company secretarial experience including designing and delivering governance frameworks to best practice standards