MERJE are working with a large ‘household name insurance business who have an exceptional reputation in the market, assisting in the search for a ‘Reserving Actuary’ to join the business.
The successful candidate will work directly with the ‘Head of Reserving’ in a dynamic and exciting environment, contributing towards the reserving process as a key player from day one. This is an ideal role for candidates with a strong base of knowledge who are looking to take their career to the next level within one of the largest UK insurance business.
Tasks will include:
• Play a leading role in the reserving process, across Motor, Household and Van products.
• Provide guidance and training to more junior members of the team.
• Build on existing tools to effectively implement a proactive and thorough processes.
• Support project work within the team, playing a lead role in project management.
• Support and develop the IFRS17 workstream.
• Provide review and challenge of the UK SII Technical Provisions model and outputs.
• Support all aspects of work by the Reserving Team as and when required.
• Play a key role in senior stakeholder management, building relationships across the business and providing advice/challenge where appropriate.
• Nearly / Newly Qualified actuary – ideally 3+ years reserving experience within personal lines
• Educated to degree level.
• Strong technical skills including Microsoft excel, VBA and related programmes.
• Experience of using RESQ software beneficial.
• Excellent communication, relationship, and presentation skills – to senior management and non-actuarial colleagues in particular.