Financial Services business looking to hire a Fraud Risk and Policy Manager, this is an exciting new role which has been created in the Risk department.
The role will be a subject-matter expert in Fraud Risk for the firm and will lead on multiple aspects of design, documenting, implementation, and enhancement of the Fraud Risk Management framework.
• Design and implement the fraud framework and own the Fraud Policy, lead the annual review and ongoing monitoring of the Fraud framework, considering the appropriateness of all policies and procedures, to make recommendations to Senior Leadership on enhancements, updates, and improvements.
• Provide oversight of 1LOD fraud activities, including detection and prevention, fraud losses, systems’ calibration, and challenge where appropriate, ensuring that adequate performance monitoring is in place.
• Act as a Fraud SME providing support to the business as required including Financial Crime Operations team.
• Be responsible for the content of the firm’s annual fraud training and lead upskilling and targeted training activity for colleagues implementing and operating the fraud control framework, including creating, scheduling, delivering, and testing the effectiveness of training.
• Support successful and timely delivering of business change and transformation through subject-matter expertise support to projects.
• Provide specialist advice on investigations and support the MLRO and 1LOD with law enforcement engagement and relevant regulatory bodies where appropriate.
• Attend key governance forums in place to oversee, monitor and report on fraud risk exposure.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Personal alignment to the firm’s values and the ability to demonstrate working in a values-driven way.
• Proven subject matter expertise in a similar role within a financial services organisation or other relevant sector.
• Proven experience of Fraud Risk oversight for the products and/or associated financial crime typologies.
• Proven experience of interpreting and communicating Fraud Risk regulatory requirements in a straightforward, simple way to a wide range of stakeholders
• Experience in developing stakeholder relationships and influencing others – internal to direct team and wider business teams. Strength in balancing competing requirements from multiple stakeholders
• Experience in analysing data into information for control, reporting, and decision-making purposes and the identification of issues, themes, and trends
• Experience of authoring policies and/or procedures
• Fraud or Financial Crime qualification with an accredited industry body
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.