c£55,000 plus benefits
about 1 month ago
My client a leading organisation within its field is actively searching a talented individual to lead the FP &A function. The primary role of the Senior Financial & Planning manager is to lead through a team of Finance Business Partners to produce the financial planning, forecasting and financial decision support for Senior leadership working closely with the Strategic Planning team and the Strategic Finance Business Partner. To enable the provision of impactful financial analysis to influence the Senior leadership team and decision makers within the business which will drive business performance. A key part of the role is to develop and nurture a team to their full potential by providing coaching, clarity of direction and modelling strong leadership behaviours.
key responsibilities include:
- Lead, manage and develop the team to create a high performing team who deliver effective, efficient and enabling outcomes in accordance with agreed key performance targets.
- Produce and continually develop accurate and insightful financial forecasts with clear storytelling and a robust risk and opportunities process. Have clear actions to drive performance ensuring ownership of financials within the business.
- Lead the team to provide excellent finance business partnering support to the business. Be the ‘critical friend’ ensuring there is a seat at the table to influence, support and challenge. Lead the FP&A team to work effectively with the Strategic Finance Business Partner to provide proactive critical financial analysis and facts to support decisions in order to influence the business to meet Corporate objectives in a timely manner.
- Lead the team to understand and identify overall business trends and key drivers in order to provide insightful financial analysis to influence the business to drive profitable and sustainable growth.
- Embed commercial acumen through proactive engagement and challenge, via relevant stakeholders, with all major business proposals and decisions that have a significant financial dimension.
- Where appropriate lead the production of high quality financial forecasting, performance and benefits realisation for projects across the business. Influence the business with clear financial analysis and presentations to support decision making.
- Create and deliver executive presentations for senior management.
- Manage the delivery of in year forecasting and KPI interpretation (eg forecast accuracy) to continue to improve financial capability and a self-serve mentality in the business.
- Lead the team to deliver ad hoc projects such as bids, contracts and business cases where appropriate. Influence the business with clear financial analysis and presentations. Produce an accurate and clear reporting process to support the business to make informed decisions.
- Be a catalyst for change programmes and process improvements, developing new ideas and solutions to enhance and develop reporting and analysis.
Being a qualified accountant you will have a strong commercial knowledge and awareness with a background in management reporting. Additionally, you will have excellent interpersonal skills with the Ability to lead by example to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of partners and stakeholders.
Initially the role will be offered on a 12 month Fixed Term contract however a permanent role may become available during this period.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.