This role is working for an established, trusted firm who have been established for decades. This role will support the Head of Financial Risk in ensuring that there is appropriate oversight, insight and assurance into the financial (insurance, market, counterparty credit and credit) related risks (both current and emerging).
• Linking the strategic objectives to the manner in which financial risks are understood and managed in respect of these objectives.
• Assessing the adequacy of financial risk modelling outputs to inform business decisions.
• Ensuring the framework for financial risk remains appropriate, covers all risk categories and drivers and takes into consideration internal requirements and wider industry developments.
• Developing and maintaining strong and effective relationships needed to support activities.
• Lead (as directed) on relevant areas of the financial risk strategy and supporting components including relevant policies and procedures, risk appetite statements and measures, stress and scenario testing, risk MI.
• Conduct periodic deep dive risk reviews, investigations, and general oversight activities such that appropriate assurance can be provided over financial risk activities and exposure managed by the 1st line.
• Lead the production of validated and effective financial risk MI in support of decision making across governance arrangements.
• Advise on risk mitigation strategies and their implementation across the range of financial risks to which the firm is exposed.
• Working with the wider financial risk team to validate the assessment of capital on a regulatory or economic capital basis. Support the validation of the economic capital model.
• Work with the business areas to define and produce stress tests and scenario analysis
• Identify and implement ways to develop the maturity of the management of financial risks across the firm.
• A minimum of five years’ experience in a financial risk role within a relevant financial services business – preferably Life / GI
• Strong working knowledge of some (but not necessarily all) of the key financial risk areas
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills – with the ability to manage stakeholders across a range of levels of seniority
• Experience of validation frameworks and approaches to stress and scenario testing.
• A collaborative attitude, team player
• A proactive self-starter, resilient, innovative and open to change
• Accurate and diligent
• Personable with a willingness to develop others
• Resilient and able to operate effectively in the face of challenge
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.