MERJE are partnered with a successful and established Financial Services business based in Cheshire in their search for a talented Financial Reporting Manager.
This is an ideal opportunity for a technically strong Financial Reporting Manager to develop into a Regulatory Reporting SME.
Reporting directly to the Divisional Finance Director you will be responsible for the Production and integrity of the firm’s financial information and its regulatory reporting under the regulatory system along with management of the allocation of maintenance of capital, funding and liquidity.
Your new role:
• Responsible for maintenance of the Regulatory Reporting Framework including ensuring robust reporting processes across the suite of returns.
• Responsible for leading the team in the accurate production of the Group’s FCA regulatory reporting and Bank of England statistical reporting on a timely basis (also for trade body reporting)
• Responsible for leading the production of monthly capital position for the Regulated entity.
• Responsible for liaison with contacts at the Regulator (FCA/BoE) for regulatory reporting matters, ensuring all reporting queries are appropriately responded to on a timely basis. Ensure relevant senior stakeholders are appraised of key reporting queries and their resolution
• Be the lead individual in the Group for regulatory reporting and promote the importance of Regulatory Reporting
• Proactively engage with the wider business to ensure the appropriate focus is given to regulatory data.
• Drive change forward with IT and Data colleagues (and other internal colleagues) where it is needed to ensure a robust reporting process.
• Work with senior stakeholders to obtain solutions to problems identified and where not possible to resolve, escalate to appropriate senior stakeholders on a timely basis.
• Engage with senior business stakeholders to obtain ‘sign off’ over values reported in the Regulatory Returns.
• Provide lead SME input into projects as required and develop team members to act as SME to relevant projects.
• Manage a small team on day-to-day basis, ensuring continued challenge and development opportunities for team members, whilst ensuring the team is cross skilled and key man dependencies are managed.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of reporting requirements, regulatory changes and developments – Act as lead technical adviser on Regulatory Reporting requirements.
• Provide leadership input into the Divisional Finance team and proactively contribute to the Divisional Finance management team. Take opportunities to get involved in activities of the wider Divisional Finance team during non-reporting periods.
• Co-ordination of the quarterly accounting judgements relevant to the PF division
• Monitoring of key deliverable from Group Finance colleagues, ensuring areas of concern are investigated and flagged to the Divisional Finance Director as necessary.
• Co-ordination of the Divisional Finance Business Continuity Plan and Risk and Control Self- Assessment process.