6 days ago
MERJE are partnered with an established Insurances business in their search for a talented Financial Reporting Analyst to join the team on an 18 month FTC.
This is an excellent opportunity for a nearly / newly qualified Accountant looking to gain valuable experience in an established team of Financial Services professionals.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- To support the preparation of monthly / quarterly reporting for the group, both on a UK and Business Group IFRS basis, with focus on the presentation of analyses which explain the results and dynamics of the life assurance business.
- To support the preparation of IFRS annual financial statements for all companies within the group.
- To support the preparation of all statutory and regulatory reporting for the group, including improving the processes and systems.
- To support activity ensuring compliance with developing statutory and regulatory reporting requirements, company standards and controls.
- To support the maintenance and development of the financial reporting system (HFM).
- To provide support to the Financial Reporting Manager as required, as well as the wider team, to reduce key-person dependencies and support and enable development of IFRS 17 finance capability.
- To support the preparation of periodic accounts, prepared under IFRS, in accordance with Corporate and local UK timetables. To support the preparation of analyses which explain the underlying results and to support the associated preparation of Corporate memos and UK Board papers
- To prepare the annual IFRS statutory accounts for a number of small UK subsidiary companies
- To assist in the preparation of the IFRS UK statutory accounts for the life assurance company, including managing the year end pro forma update process.
- To prepare submissions to Corporate (quarterly / annual notes requirements) as part of the Canadian quarterly Shareholders’ Report and Annual Report / OSFI Return.
- To execute processes ensuring the integrity of accounting information such as fixed asset ledger checks, Other Comprehensive Income (OCI) journals, unit splits journals.
- To prepare regulatory submissions and returns as required e.g. ABI returns, Office of National Statistics, ensuring these agree to published financial statements where applicable.
- To prepare quarterly and annual Monitoring Control Packages as part of the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) framework.
- To keep up-to-date with new IFRS (UK and Canadian) and regulatory reporting developments by conducting research and updating the quarterly Finance Legislative Change Group on the impact of IFRS and regulatory changes on the SLF UKH group.
- To assist with the maintenance and development of the HFM reporting system to include maintaining charts of accounts and updating rules files, as well as executing HFM uploads.
- To be a ‘team player’ and to provide support across the Finance team as required.
Apply now for immediate consideration.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.