MERJE are partnered with a growing specialist lender in their search for a talented Financial Models Analyst.
The Financial Models Analyst is an integral and high profile role. It is responsible for the operating technical processes associated with the Group Accounting Models which include; Effective Interest Rate, Constant Prepayment Rate, Fair Valuation and Income forecasting models.
This role would suit those of an inquisitive nature, who are keen to learn and are curious about the “why?”. There are plenty of development and learning opportunities within this role and the greater team for those with the tenacity to grow.
What you will be doing
The Financial Models Analyst will assist with maintaining both a robust control environment and effective reporting processes within the team ensuring adherence to financial policies at all times.
Your responsibilities will include…
• Operate and maintain the Group Accounting Models to produce model outputs for use in monthly accounting processes in line with End User Computing control environment, adhering to strict timelines.
• Ensure that the models are up to date with assumptions approved business wide.
• Fully understand the mechanics and calculations used within the models, being able to amend and manipulate when required, ensuring they observe accounting framework and financial policies as and when they are updated.
• Collation and validation of model input data
• Ensure consistency and clarity of model outputs.
• Produce quantitative analysis and written narrative on model outputs for use in business wide MI reporting packs and monthly P&L and Balance Sheet updates, paying close attention to detail of outputs.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for talented individuals who have the experience and knowledge set out below:
• 12 months previous experience of working within a reporting function and / or working with financial models is essential. Relevant academic studies will also be considered
• 6 months previous experience of working and analysing data is essential.
• Experience of working within the financial services industry or a finance function is desirable.
• Sound knowledge of accounting and financial terminology is essential.
• Basic knowledge of mortgage economics is desirable.
• Basic knowledge of excel functions and how to apply these functions is essential.
• Intermediate IT skills in respect of Microsoft Excel with some exposure to Microsoft VBA & Word are essential.
• Ability to interact with people at all levels in an organisation is essential.
• Ability to prioritise and work to strict monthly deadlines is essential.
• Good analytical skills and the ability to problem solve is desirable.
• ‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) including at least one numerical subject are essential.
• Degree (in a numerical discipline) or at least 3 years’ experience working in a technical role in the financial services industry is desirable.