Our clients are recruiting for a Financial Crime Threat MI & Intelligence Lead Analyst to join the Financial Crime team on a permanent basis.
As a Financial Crime Threat MI & Intelligence Lead Analyst, you will be part of a specialist Financial Crime analytics team working on multiple cases that will bring substantial value to the firm. The team are responsible for analytics, systems, intelligence, MI production and regulatory reporting from which you will be a data leader.
• Act as a key member in the evolution of the firm’s Financial Crime intelligence capability and the management of Financial Crime risk.
• Developing and executing a strategy for Financial Crime Horizon scanning and intelligence consumption and cascade, inclusive of external and internal factors i.e., events, incidents, changes in regulations, fines etc.
• Use your knowledge of statistical and analytical modelling techniques, to perform complex analysis of the firm’s Financial Crime Risks, to enable proactive prevention and detection.
• You will work closely with stakeholders across the business in first- and second-line risk to ensure that the Financial Crime systems and processes are in line with expectations and will look to identify opportunities for improvements so they can deliver effectively.
• Act as a key member of the programme and broader Financial Crime Team and play a role in the evolution of financial crime systems and the management of financial crime risk.
Key Skills & Experience:
• Excellent data governance and analytical skills and the ability to carry the data querying using SQL/SAS
• SME in financial crime risk including experience of AML, KYC, Sanctions and Fraud retail banking products and the UK regulatory environment.
• Understand and analyse data information in both simple and complex solutions and being able to communicate this clearly to stakeholders in the business.
• Evidence of professional learning and keeping up to date in financial crime systems and controls is important so that you can allow for continuous improvement in everything that you do.
• Knowledge of data analysis techniques and proven problem-solving skills.
• Great communication skills, taking complex information and drawing key recommendations, and project management experience.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.