As a Financial Crime Specialist, you will be responsible for carrying out AML related functions in the first line of defence Operations team by monitoring and investigating unusual customer activity.
• To continue to develop the Financial Crime framework of a dynamic and growing business
• Ensure detailed and prompt investigation of all AML/CTF incidents
• Point of contact for operational team AML related queries, e.g., CDD/EDD, customer screening
• Complete transaction monitoring across all products
• Maintain PEP Register and EDD requirements
• Review customer screening alerts for existing customer base when changes occur
• Oversight of MI of third-party suppliers completing Financial Crime related activities
• Raise suspicious activity reports as relevant to MLRO for review
• Help with identifying any AML/CTF loopholes and coordinating changes to bridge those gaps
• Record and track progress of all incidents reported internally and externally
• Develop and execute face-to-face training for staff in various business units as required
• Develop and share MI with relevant stakeholders
• Work with 2LOD in the ongoing development of the risk assessment framework to support all customer interactions and products
• Ensure Financial Crime policies are adhered to by operational staff by monitoring processes and regularly reviewing operational procedures
• Monitor QA results that relate to Financial Crime activity
Skills and Experience
• Relevant Financial Crime experience across multiple lending and savings products.
• Minimum two years’ experience in a 1LOD Financial Crime role
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Confident in their ability to challenge
• Hold an ICA or similar qualification in Anti-Money laundering or Financial Crime
• Have an inquisitive mindset mind with tenacity to reach the best decision for both the customers and the business
• Experience in the launch of new products
• Knowledge of both Microsoft and Google suite packages
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.