Our clients are recruiting for a Financial Crime Risk Manager to join the Financial Crime team. You will be responsible for owning, implementing, and embedding the Financial Crime Risk Management Framework across all areas of the business. To provide first line of defence financial crime risk management expertise, advice, and oversight across the business, ensuring it can operate within risk appetite
● Responsible for the Financial Crime Risk Management framework for the business, identifying and seeking approval of the strategic priorities for financial crime risk management and translating these into Standards to support the Financial Crime Policy and plans for day-to-day implementation.
● Responsible for ensuring the provision of specialist expertise, advice, oversight for Assessment Units and reporting on all areas of Financial Crime Risk in the Group, including overseeing the investigation of significant risk incidents to identify root causes.
● Define and implement the Enterprise Risk Assessment of Financial Crime risks across the Group, ensuring this is reviewed annually and any areas of improvement are agreed with Business Units and implemented within a timely manner
● Owner of the Customer Risk Assessments used throughout the Group, ensuring these are reviewed annually and take in account the latest regulatory requirements as well as support a smooth customer journey
● Contribute as a strategic expert towards the ongoing development, implementation, and review of an efficient and effective Financial Crime Risk Framework
● Ensure that the Financial Crime Risk Framework is consistent with the 2LoD Financial Crime Policy; driving compliance with regulatory requirements, providing strategic intervention and recommendations for action/change / review, and ensuring it is fully embedded to drive the identification, reporting and management of financial crime risks across the business.
● Ensure that relevant legislative and regulatory change (as well as good practice) in respect of financial crime is understood, clear accountabilities for implementation established and that implementation meets defined standards.
● Provide specialist technical review and advice in relation to the development of policies, risk & control libraries, risk registers, risk mitigation strategies and regulatory responses in specific areas of Financial Crime Risk in the Group
● Responsible for financial crime risk assessment of change activities in line with regulations, legislation, internal policy, and standards, oversee the quality of assessments performed by leads and appropriate record keeping and escalation of risks in line with the Enterprise Risk Framework.
● Responsible for the management of cross functional business projects to agreed timescales, budgets, and quality to support achieving functional priorities and or commercial plans
● Responsible for successful implementation of change initiatives, ensuring business readiness plans are in place and the change is embedded including measurement of business benefits
● Responsibility for ensuring stakeholders across the business and Senior Managers and Directors within Customer Services understand and are supportive of Change activities relevant to financial crime risk.
● Lead major incidents and IT escalations for Financial Crime Risk Management
Skills and Experience:
● Significant experience of defining financial crime risk management priorities and translating these into plans for implementation
● Subject Matter Expert in the development, and implementation of Financial Crime Risk frameworks ensuring these are effective and embedded
● Senior level experience of providing robust risk management expertise, advice and guidance to operational service delivery functions and specialist functions
● Evidence of professional learning and development to build and maintain skills and expertise
● Senior level experience of leading and developing a Risk function or team to deliver sustainable high performance