Our clients are a leading specialist UK digital challenger bank for small businesses. They are looking to recruit a Financial Crime Operations Team Leader, on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity with day-to-day Management of the Financial Crime Operations Team, who investigate customer accounts to assess the level of risk in relation to money laundering, and other financial crimes, reporting both internally and externally to relevant bodies.
• Day to day management of the Financial Crime Operations team
• Responsible for daily/weekly team resource planning and managing service levels
• Collating data and producing relevant daily/weekly MI suitable for presentation to Senior Management
• Responsible for managing the QA framework, sampling work, reporting to senior management, and feeding back to individuals
• Function as a point of reference and subject matter expertise for internal customers and external bodies
• Adopt a continuous improvement approach to the role to identify and progress enhancements and changes
• Understand risk mitigation processes relating to financial crime and relevant controls
• Keep up to date with current regulation, including but not limited to the Money Laundering Directives and FATF recommendations
• Monitoring and approval of more complex investigations completed by the Financial Crime Operations Team
• Taking appropriate action to escalate issues that could result in detriment to our Financial Crime controls
• Working closely with our Compliance team to ensure operational procedures reflect policy and regulation
• Adhering to the banks policies and always conducting yourself in an appropriate manner
Key Skills and Knowledge:
• Experience and knowledge of UK and International financial crime regulations that govern the financial industry
• Operational knowledge of the Money Laundering Directives
• Ability to adapt to change and suggest/implement process improvements
• Proven analytical skills and ability to apply a risk logic in reviewing information relative to customers and their activity
• Ability to produce factual, informative MI
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office suite products
• Ability to make sound risk-based decisions where judgement is required
• Ability to manage a high and demanding workload within set service levels
• Proven experience working in a financial crime environment within financial services.
• Proven experience of managing multi discipline teams
• Experience and knowledge of the Money Laundering Directives, FATF
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.