£25,000 - £35,000
over 2 years ago
The role is responsible for assessing, reviewing and investigating escalated referrals in realtion to Anti Money Laundering, Counter Terroist Financing, Fraud and Customer and Payment Screening.
The Client- Our client is a leading banking institution who have been growing signficiantly in recent years.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
- Work as part of the team to ensure the day to day activities and work flow are adequately prioritised to suit shifting demands
- Work independently and handle cases that require extremely high levels of discretion.
- Work to tight deadlines and often under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of quality and competency
- Act as a subject matter expert to support the Financial Crime Analysts in the assessment and investigation of financial crime alerts and referrals (suspicious activity, transaction monitoring, customer and payment screening)
- Ensure that all suspicious activity reports, sanctions, fraud or corruption concerns are fully investigated, evidenced and documented in a clear and concise manner and reported to relevant authorities in a timely manner.
- Record and update relevant, accurate and timely MI in the team work tracker (and elsewhere as needed by the Team Manager)
- Liaise with and support Branches, other financial institutions and law enforcement agencies with financial crime related queries and issues
- Assist with complex investigations, including co-ordinating incident meetings with management and relevant stakeholders to agree and implement actions to address control failures and gaps
- Where needed, support the implementation of BAU work streams in conjunction with the AML Programme and various Bank wide projects
- Contribute to the development of financial crime policies/procedures and maintain these documents from a first line of defence perspective
- Strong understanding and experience of AML, KYC, Sanctions, Fraud and banking products and the UK regulatory environment.
- Relevant specialist FC qualifications: e.g. ICA Diploma in FC/AML, ACAMs, Fraud Prevention
- Experience in 1st line and/or 2nd line FC function within a financial services environment
- Ability to apply themselves to problem solving and analysing situations, delivering practical and compliant financial crime controls/solutions
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work well under pressure with attention to detail, presenting information in a clear and concise manner