Financial Crime Manager required for a leading and all-encompassing Wealth Management Platform based in London. They have over £50bn of funds under direction and are constantly voted and rated the best firm in their field for several years.
The Financial Crime Manager will need to advise on the development of financial crime policy proactively, developing systems and controls to counter financial crime, and investigating, reporting and liaising with law enforcement agencies about suspected financial crime. You will also be responsible for a small team.
· To proactively advise and collaborate with the Senior Compliance Manager and Head of Group Compliance to develop financial crime policy, guidance and appropriate financial crime safeguards for the Group, including those that relate to exploitation of platform technology and electronic commerce, Anti-Money Laundering & Countering Terrorist Financing, Economic Sanctions, Market Abuse, Fraud and Anti-Bribery and Corruption.
· Regularly advise the board, senior management and the company, about the extent of existing, new and emerging financial crime threats, and provide provocative assistance to help develop appropriate preventative safeguards.
· Scoping and facilitating risk assessments of the main financial crime risks faced by the Group and advise management about driving consequential improvements. Providing meaningful analysis and highlighting key risks within a particular business areas
· Preparing the annual MLRO reports
· Be responsible for providing advice and guidance on compliance with the international economic sanctions regime
· Ensuring that all suspicious activity investigations are carried out in a timely manner and providing advice and guidance to staff to enable them to communicate effectively with clients and advisers
· Working closely with the Compliance Monitoring and Business Controls Testing manager to enable the effective investigation of matches and suspicions arising from our client screening and surveillance activities
· Ensuring timely and effective reporting to the Boards, Committees and Forums, Group Counsel and MLRO and Deputy MLRO on the outcome of investigations
· Liaising with law enforcement agencies, maintaining good relations with Police, National Crime agency and other national security and intelligence services
· Developing the skills and awareness of staff and deliver financial crime related Training
· At least 5 years’ experience of working in a financial services investment business within the 2nd line of financial crime.
· Up to date understanding of the financial sanctions regime and current requirements
· Experience of developing / changing policy, process and procedures.
· Previous experience of managing and developing staff
· Previous Platform experience from a Platform or Life company desirable
Education and Knowledge requirements
· Significant practical knowledge, understanding and application of the FCA and PRA handbooks of rules and guidance.
· Detailed knowledge of JMSLG guidance gained within a financial services environment.
· Knowledge of technology and cybercrime risk and threats.
· Educated to degree level.
· Professionally qualified
· Financial services industry financial crime related qualifications