£20,000 - £25,000
5 months ago
Our client is a leading and specialist lending firm who are currently recruiting for a Financial Crime Investigator. The role is responsible for investigating applications where there is a suspicion of Fraud or Money Laundering offences, taking appropriate action to protect the company from loss.
- Investigate referrals made to the business, making appropriate decisions regarding the progression of applications when fraud or money laundering offences are suspected.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of fraud prevention systems (Detect, FIND, SIRA) and be able to use them effectively.
- Liaise with other members of fraud prevention organisations and effectively share information on known and suspected frauds.
- Gather evidence when investigating fraud cases to satisfy the burden of proof and then record such cases with the relevant fraud prevention agencies.
- Ensure mandatory reports to CIFAS and NCA are completed when required.
- Prepare accurate management information to include; volumes of referrals investigated, fraud cases filed, NCA referrals made and the potential savings made by the use of fraud prevention agencies.
- Attend meetings with external fraud prevention agencies and keep abreast of any changes or trends emerging within the industry.
- Investigate Data Disputes which have been raised by Credit Reference Agencies and give advice on any appropriate corrective action.
- Provide mandatory AML/CTF training presentations to employees and give ongoing training and advice on Financial Crime matters when required.
- Assisting with development and deployment of rules into fraud systems to detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
- An understanding of operational procedures within the business and ability to use internal systems such as Pan Credit, Target, SIRA, FIND etc.
- Knowledge of CIFAS and SIRA’s role in fraud prevention and how membership of these organisations impacts our processes.
- Full understanding of the Membership Rules of CIFAS and SIRA.
- Understanding of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing legislation and the guidance provided by the JMLSG, the FCA and under the 4th AML directive.
- An understanding of typical fraud behaviours, especially relating to application fraud, and how analytics, MI & rules can identify and mitigate against fraud losses.