We are working with a leading International Bank that requires a Financial Crime Compliance Officer to join a close-knit financial crime department.
As the Financial Crime Compliance Officer, you will assist the Financial Crime Department in its role as a second line of defence by undertaking financial crime monitoring in accordance with the banks Financial Crime Monitoring & Assurance Framework.
• Review and assess internal suspicious activity reports submitted from teams within the bank and recommend follow on actions, as necessary
• Prepare and submit disclosures to relevant law enforcement agencies under the supervision of the MLRO
• Maintain records of all internal SAR reports and disclosures made to relevant authorities
• Assist the MLRO with financial crime review audits
• Assist the team with 2LOD assurance testing as required by the banks Financial Crime Monitoring & Assurance schedule.
• Discount daily client database screening and payment matches raised on WorldCheck & Safewatch and escalate as required
• WorldCheck batch screening and reporting.
• Maintain departmental registers including daily and monthly monitoring, regulatory change tracker & any internal project trackers e.g. Oracle Mantas
• Maintain records of remediation requirements resulting from the financial crime monitoring & assurance work and ensure action points are tracked with regards to delays/progress/completion
• Maintain RCSA register and log any new processes as required
• Maintain audit point recommendations arising from internal audits, third-party reviews and the MLRO report
• Complete all other departmental admin requirements
• Assist with client investigations including additional screening and adverse media checks
• Maintain SAR correspondence, investigation files & SAR register
• Maintain the Fraud investigation register and all corresponding investigation documents
• Compose Financial Crime Procedures and review anti-financial crime standards and frameworks against updated policies or upcoming and current regulations.
Key Skills & Experience:
• 1-2 years plus in a financial crime-related role.
• Experience with client due diligence, financial crime monitoring, and control testing.
• Must be comfortable with the use of technology in Financial Crime Compliance and use of automated transaction monitoring systems, customer name and payments screening and document imaging and workflow solutions.
• Previous participation in financial crime technology implementation projects is an advantage.
• Experience of reviewing and writing financial crime compliance policy and procedures to a high-quality standard.
• High level of competence in the operation of Financial Crime Compliance technology solutions
• Ability to examine and evaluate regulatory rules & legislation
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.