Our clients are a fast-growing Fintech lending business that are looking for an experienced Financial Crime Analyst to support the Head of Financial Crime in delivering the firms requirements as related to the prevention, identification and reporting of financial crime.
● To support and undertake investigations into reported instances of unusual activity, both internally and externally, and escalate appropriately where necessary
● Assisting in the development and implementation of strategies effective for the detection and prevention of financial crime.
● Identify opportunities to improve the control environment in relation to the detection and prevention of financial crime.
● Maintain accurate records of investigations.
● Acting as a point of contact/SME for internal and external customers regarding financial crime queries.
● Support other business areas in risk and financial crime via training, process documentation and wider stakeholder meetings.
● Responding to external requests for information in a timely manner.
● Completing SAR/external reports as necessary.
● Producing reports for senior management.
Skills and Experience:
● Experience working in a first line financial crime environment within financial services.
● Experience in using systems such as CIFAS, NCA SAR system, customer screening (e.g., DowJones/Worldcheck etc.).
● Understanding of financial crime legislation and regulatory requirements.
● Proactive and able to act on own initiative.
● Developing business documentation including all relevant policies, procedures, recommendations.
● Strong customer services skills with ability to diffuse conflict whilst minimising need for complaint escalation.
● Attention to detail.
● Intellectual curiosity and the joy of learning new things.
● Personal responsibility.