Our clients are a very well-known and prestigious corporate bank based in the City of London. They are looking for a Financial Crime Analyst.
You will be responsible for performing, overseeing, and working on financial crime and fraud prevention tasks designed to ensure the firm is compliant and protected from risk and loss.
● Providing guidance and direction to the business to ensure they remain protected from financial crime risks.
● Building strong relationships through effective influencing and decision-making skills
● Performing high risk complex business model reviews, sanctioned/high risk country reviews, due diligence reviews, financial crime investigations
● Providing support and guidance to business partners on a day-to-day basis.
● Managing a diverse workload in relation to financial crime
● Supporting change in the right way and recommending enhancements to processes and procedures to ensure the firm remains compliant whilst aligning to a risk-based approach.
● Working on confidential and sensitive matters, exercising good judgement in the execution of their role and putting the needs of the business first.
● Reviewing exception requests to policy
● Reviewing and responding to financial crime related queries from the first line.
● Supporting the delivery of training to colleagues and embedding an effective risk culture across 1st and 2nd lines of defence.
Skills and Experience:
● A degree or equivalent and relevant work experience is required with strong analytical skills
● Strong knowledge of financial crime legislation including Fraud, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and Counter Terrorist Financing and Tax, under the Criminal Finances Act
● Good understanding of a wide range of high-risk sectors and niche sectors of innovation
● Knowledge of key financial crime regulatory frameworks impacting complex business models
● Strong judgement and critical thinking skills
● Adaptable, flexible able to support and develop other team members
● Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
● The ability to work independently and as part of a small team, and challenge effectively
● Strong prioritization and workflow management skills
● Relationship building
● SAR knowledge including escalation