c. £100,000 + 50% Bonus + Executive Benefits
3 months ago
Our client is a major national residential developer, a leading player in the industry who are experiencing substantial growth.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
The role: They are seeking to recruit a candidate of suitable calibre to assume the position of Financial Controller for one of their largest and most profitable operating divisions.
Working closely with the Finance Director to ensure support and consistency across the businesses within the Region your responsibilities will include
- Oversee the financial analysis of monthly/weekly management information in line with agreed timescales and content.
- Significant involvement with the budgeting and forecasting process for the region including detailed reviews with members of the Regional and Divisional board of directors
- Extensive liaison with the Divisional Financial Directors across the Region. Involvement with other Divisional Directors as needed
- Monitor Regional performance against budgets and forecasts
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans and continued monitoring & review of performance against them to enable robust reporting of variances to Regional and senior management.
- Attendance at divisional site valuation meetings as cover for RFD as and when needed
- Assist in the review of land investment appraisal packs prior to submission to Group
- Liaising with Group to deal with various ad hoc information requests
- Working closely with senior Directors on various ad hoc projects across the business as required
- Professionally qualified Chartered Accountant
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to work and communicate with colleagues from outside of the finance team and at different levels of experience
- Ability to identify better or more efficient ways to do the job, and to challenge the way things have been done in the past
- Ability to work in a tight deadline driven environment and to manage multiple priorities (either as part of or with a plc or large group company)
- Integrity and a desire to do the right thing
- Experience of Construction industry / Property development and Joint venture accounting would be advantageous.