c. £90,000 plus bonus
21 days ago
MERJE are pleased to be representing a high growth, Entrepreneurial Financial Services company in the recruitment of a Financial Controller.
Reporting to the CFO the role will take full responsibility for day to day Finance operations, managing a small team.
Key responsibilities include
- Monthly preparation and review of the consolidated Management Accounts, including all Group companies and Country reports
- Produce, review and analyse monthly financial results and provide recommendations to the CFO.
- Prepare annual statutory accounts for CFO approval.
- Submission of monthly payroll to the CFO for approval.
- Preparation of VAT returns and VAT write off process on a quarterly basis.
- Complete the FCA Regulatory return, Liquidity Risk Management Framework and keep the financial analysis processes up to date for the CFO to sign off.
- Oversee the month-end process for all Group companies and reporting on separate Country performance.
- Liaison with external auditors, and advisors as necessary, taking responsibility for the Audit process.
- Contribute to strategy development and business projects during a time of growth.
- Review and improve financial systems for international expansion to make Country reporting a cohesive part of month and year end processes.
- Constantly working to identify areas for improvement and efficiencies in the financial systems, processes and controls to allow for international expansion.
To succeed in the role, you will be professional qualified, ideally ACA and looking to progress your career to a number one role within the next 2 -3 years. With excellent Excel skills you will have a solid understanding of FCA and HMRC requirements and regulations. With experience of Financial services ideally you will have operated within an International environment with previous experience of System improvement/implementation. Most importantly you will have excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working within a fast paced environment.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.