£50,000 - £60,000
25 days ago
The Client - Our client is an independent not for profit private company established to increase public sector investment in energy efficiency technologies. The business is funded by the government and works with public sector bodies throughout the UK helping them to make progress towards achieving their carbon reduction targets.
As the Financial Controller, the main responsibility is to oversee the operational running of the finance department including the day to day transactional activities and to provide technical and business support to staff, the Head of Finance & other members of the senior management team. Role involves managing a team of 3/4.
- Management of accounts payable/receivable functions including expenses.
- Management of the company’s loan programmes including payments and repayments.
- Overseeing payroll, including pension submissions.
- Responsible for VAT returns and other HMRC submissions.
- Preparation of detailed administration cost budget and monthly forecasts working closely with departmental managers.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including balance sheet.
- Management of monthly cash flow and forecasts including regular review of the Company’s treasury arrangements.
- Management of funding claims to external funders.
Annual Financial Statements and External Audit
- Preparation of annual financial statements and management of the external audit process.
- Oversee preparation and submission of the Company’s corporation tax return by company’s external tax consultants.
- Responsible for establishing internal controls over accounting and financial processes and implementing improvements where necessary.
- Lead on the development of new systems and controls as the business grows.
- Management of third party relations with bankers, key suppliers and collection bureau.
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports including reports for the Company’s funders.
- Qualified accountant with strong technical background
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Understanding of company law and regulation