MERJE are partnered with a Yorkshire based financial services business in their search for a Financial Controller
Reporting to the Head of Financial Control & Treasury Settlements you’ll be responsible for providing business performance reporting, delivering commercial and analytical information, production of the statutory accounts, regulatory reporting and ensuring the financial controls are robust. You’ll be a key member of the senior management team, working together to provide a highly engaging environment for the wider team and help set the strategic direction for Finance.
The finance function is currently going through an incredible digital transformation and is amid implementing a world leading financial management tool that will streamline all financial activities. Your role will be pivotal to the successful delivery of the project.
We’ve adapted really well to home working during the current pandemic, so although our Head Office is based in Yorkshire high levels of homeworking can be accommodated.
What you’ll be doing
• Responsible for co-ordinating the team, with key support from your 3 senior managers, to deliver the monthly management accounts, engaging with stakeholders across the wider finance team to produce segmental business performance and report through to the Board.
• Overall leadership responsibility in the production of the statutory accounts, liaising with external auditors and provide your expertise and opinions to conclude on new accounting requirements.
• Integrity of the financial statements is key, and your role will be fundamental in the oversight and on-going management of key end to end controls across.
• Developing and building a highly engaged team is fundamental to the success of the team and overall delivery of our strategic objectives and Finance vision.
• This role will provide you with an opportunity to harness the power of your leadership skills.
Our Ideal candidate:
We’re looking for someone who not only has a strong financial accounting background but someone who will thrive at the opportunity to work alongside our Finance transformation team to drive forward improvements to our processes, controls and reporting and with leadership experience.
You’ll hold a relevant accounting qualification (ACCA / CIMA / ACA) and experience working in financial services would be highly advantageous although not essential. Within the role you’ll be working in partnership with various business areas, building relationships with stakeholders at all levels, including ExCo.