c£65,000 plus excellent benefits
20 days ago
My client a leading organisation within its field urgently require a Financial controller. The role offers excellent opportunity for career progression along with flexible working.
The primary purpose is to provide leadership in delivering high quality financial information, responds to business change, and supports the overall business strategy, whilst ensuring financial compliance, robust financial control and risk management.
Key accountabilities include
Lead, manage and develop the Accounting, Treasury and Risk team to create a high performing team who deliver effective, efficient and enabling outcomes in accordance with agreed key performance targets, including:
- Reporting and balance sheet management with a focus on accuracy and storytelling.
- Develop robust company financial and internal controls to safeguard assets and ensure full compliance with relevant legislation..
- Lead the Group external audit and Group statutory accounts, striving to achieve a clean audit and ensuring all audit findings are resolved.
- Lead on the statutory Trustees Annual Report for inclusion in the group accounts (incorporating the group Directors’ Report) on behalf of the Board of Trustees.
- Lead Transfer pricing across the Group.
- Implementation of the new Finance system (Workday) within the Financial control and Risk team.
- Oversight of cash position and long term invested funds.
- To own the VAT process and relationship with our advisors ensuring we are in line with all regulations across Group.
- Be a catalyst for change programmes and process improvements, developing new ideas and solutions to enhance and develop reporting and analysis.
- Oversee and evaluate activities to ensure that pro-active and reactive steps are taken to avoid and limit revenue leakage and chance of fraud.
- Identify, influence and implement opportunities to link Risk management in with other financial control objectives and processes working across Group.
Previous experience and qualifications:
Being a qualified accountant you will have demonstrable experience operating in a senior leadership role. With proven management experience you will have led large teams focussing on mentoring and individual development. Technically strong you will have experience providing monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packs striving for continuous improvement.
In return the organisation offers excellent opportunity for career development with a high degree of flexible working
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.